10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL
FLY COW PRODUÇÕES CULTURAIS presents the 10th edition of the festival which is taking place in September from 8 to 13, 2020 in São Paulo city.
1. Only professional or non-professional directors, producers and/or distributors may participate in the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL.
2. The submission in the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL implies acceptance of the film sent by the participant. If selected by the curators, as the criteria established by the organization, will be screened in the festival's program in September from 08 to 13, 2020.
3. The films selected for the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL may have short clips, at the organization's criteria, to advertise the event in the media, in the graphic material and on the website www.cinefantasy.com.br.
4. The registered participants must guarantee that hold all rights, or have the holder's power of attorney.
5. The organization won´t be responsible for any legal developments relating to the films subscribed.
6. Directors, producers, and distributors who register for the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL shall be responsible for all licenses, permissions, rights, and permits that are necessary for the submitted film, which will be screened at the festival.
II. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
1. The submission period for the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL is from January 13th to May 13th, 2020.
2. The submission must be made with links from sites such as YouTube, Vimeo or similar. In case of a private link, it may be necessary to send the password. The organization will not accept download links such as WeTransfer or similar.
3. Foreign language films must be subtitled in Portuguese, english or Spanish.
4. Directors, Producers and/or Distributors may submit unlimited amounts of movies.
5. The 2020 edition of the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL is divided into the following competitive sessions:
5a. FEATURE FILMS COMPETITION SHOWCASE - films produced in the last 36 months, unpublished in Festivals held in the State of São Paulo, captured in any format.
5b. SHORT FILMS COMPETITION SHOWCASE - films produced in the last 36 months, lasting up to 15 minutes, unpublished in Festivals held in the State of São Paulo, captured in any format, in the following categories:
a) ANIMATION COMPETITION SHOWCASE
b) FANTASY COMPETITION SHOWCASE
c) SCIENCE COMPETITION SHOWCASE
d) HORROR COMPETITION SHOWCASE
e) FANTASTIC SPAIN COMPETITION SHOWCASE
f) FANTASTIC DIVERSITY COMPETITION SHOWCASE
g) FANTASTIC WOMEN COMPETITION SHOWCASE
h) AMATEUR SHORT FILM SHOWCASE
i) STUDENT SHORT FILM SHOWCASE
6. Films will only be accepted for the competitive sessions of feature films and short films for the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM, if they were produced in the last 36 months, unpublished in Festivals held in the city of São Paulo, which thematic is fantastic * (horror, science fiction or fantasy), and within the category fiction, animation or documentary.
* Definition of fantastic cinema: stories with supernatural elements, which are not real or make you feel uncertain about their nature.
7. The films screened in previous editions of the event may not participate in the selection of the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL.
8. When registering, the participant accepts all the rules of the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL.
1. The Chief Curator shall appoint and coordinate the curatorships of each of the competitive showcases.
2. At least 36 short films and 10 feature films will be selected, which will integrate the competitive showcases of the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL.
3. The Curatorship shall use the technical and artistic qualities to select the films as criteria.
4. Those selected will be informed by email until June 24th, 2020, to arrange any additional documentation if necessary.
5. The following documentation should be sent as soon as possible:
5a. Promotional material such as photos, posters, press-books, etc., must be sent in high definition, so the film can be advertised. The 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL reserves the right not to return those materials. The acceptance of participation implies permission to use the names of the directors and the promotional materials for advertising and promotion purposes without any additional compensation.
5b. For foreign films, the participant must send to the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL list of dialogues with timecode in english, Spanish or Portuguese. In the case of films in the Portuguese language and if available, a copy with english subtitles is requested.
6. It will be up to the organization to decide the dates and times of the selected films. No film selected will have more than 02 (two) screenings during the competitive showcase.
7. The selected films will be able to participate in special sessions and retrospectives in other festivals or programs to advertise the CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL.
1. The organization will nominate a five-member jury to evaluate the feature films, and nine juries, in groups of three, for each short film competitive showcase evaluation.
2. The organization will nominate a qualified three-member jury to evaluate the Brazilian short films that will compete for the FANTASTIC BRAZIL SPECIAL AWARD.
3. Each qualified jury of the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL will choose the winners of the following prizes:
3a. Feature film
a) Best Film
b) Best Feature film by the Popular Jury
c) Best Screenplay
d) Best Direction
e) Best Actress
f) Best Actor
3b. Short film
a) Fantastic Brazil Special Award
b) Best Film Fantastic Women Showcase
c) Best Film Fantastic Spain Showcase
d) Best Diverse LGBTQ+ Fantastic Short Movie
e) Best Horror Short Film
f) Best Science Fiction Short Film
g) Best Fantasy Short Film
h) Best Animation Short Film
i) Best Short Film by the Popular Jury
j) Best Amateur Short Film
k) Best Student Short Film
4. Each qualified jury will choose the winners of each category from the following criteria: concept, performance, technical and artistic excellence, originality and innovation. The jury may grant special mentions.
5. Decisions shall be taken by an absolute majority of the jury.
6. The decisions of the qualified jury are unappealable.
7. The Student Encouragement Prize for Short Films of STUDENT SHORT FILM SHOWCASE will be for Brazilian students only in technical or higher education courses in the areas of film, radio, and TV, audiovisual, communication and multimedia.
7a. The STUDENT SHORT FILM SHOWCASE will be held in a single session.
8. The Amateur Encouragement Prize for short films in the AMATEUR SHORT FILM SHOWCASE will only be for non-professional Brazilian productions, produced by individuals, not production companies.
8a. The AMATEUR SHORT FILM SHOWCASE will be held in a single session.
9. The categories of Best Feature Film and Best Short Film by the popular jury will be chosen by counting ballots distributed to the spectators before each competitive session, and their votes will be computed according to the weighted average. The film that receives the highest percentage of votes will be the winner of the award.
10. In the case of a tie in any category, the qualified jury will determine the winner of the prize considering the highest score in the following order as a tiebreaker: technical and artistic excellence, originality.
11. The winner of each category will be announced at the closing ceremony and later through the site, social networks and/or email.
V. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. The organization will NOT be responsible for the transportation, accommodation, and food of the selected participants in the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL.
2. The organization won´t be responsible for any loss or damage of any nature, whether directly or indirectly connected with the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL.
3. The organization reserves the right to modify the dates, bases, and conditions of the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL since there is a justification.
4. The organization reserves the right to mediate and to decide any uncertainty or complaint from the beginning to the end of the 10th CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL.
5. The decisions of the Organization are unappealable.
São Paulo, January 13, 2020.
CINEFANTASY - INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL